Lickmolassy grave-slab (2)
Henry Walsh 1640 grave-slab
Comprises of a tapered grave-slab executed in limestone located in Lickmolassy medieval parish church. It is the best preserved of three seventeenth-century grave-slabs in this graveyard. It has an angular head. This slab bears a central cross with Fleur de Lis to the cross head. A sacred IHS monogram with a cross springing from the cross-bar of the H is framed within the central lozenge of the cross head. The Latin inscription is carved in false relief in a series of sunken narrow strips.
HIC IACET GENEROSVS AC MAGNANANIM
HENRICVS WEALSH QVI OBIT 23 : JU
NII : 1640
This page was added on 08/04/2018.
Add a comment about this page