Treacy grave-slab Killimor Parish Church
This important seventeenth-century graveslab is broken into three sections in the chancel area of Killimor medieval parish Church. It dates to 1649 and bears the name of William and Thoma Tresssy (Treacy). A somewhat similar but undated graveslab preserved on the floor of Portumna Dominican priory was erected for Gany Tressy by both William and Thomas Tressy. The Treacy’s appear in a number of Papal Letters from the fifteenth century onwards for Killimor Church. They appear to be the hereditary erenaghs of Killimor(bulloge). A modern Treacy headstone is also located in the chancel adding further weight to this argument.