Templetogher corn mill was restored from a ruin and is now an interesting visitor attraction. The millers house and a nearby corn drying kiln are also open to the public. Much of the work was undertaken by volunteers.
The mill was operated by the Egan family of millers in recent times, but a miller named Morgan O’Brien is recorded for c. 1856 in William E. Hogg 1998 “Millers and the Mills of Ireland of about 1856”, p.57.
Hogg notes that:
The wheel measured 13 feet in diameter.
The breadth of the bucket was 2 feet .
The fall of water was 4 feet.
There were 3 or 4 pair of millstones.